Camille Rushanaedy has been blogging for over 5 years on her blog Childhood Flames. Her effortlessly modern and clean aesthetic resonates internationally, shown by the success and longevity of her blog. Camille's’ blog promotes simplicity, stark silhouettes, and beautifully showcases nature. This past summer she spent time in L.A. designing with Lulu Chang’s for The Fashion Club. Camille is now teaching herself how to sew, as well as working at one of our favorite stores Table of Contents.
1. Who is your style influenced by?
The styling work of Alasdair Mclellan, Marie-Amélie Sauvé, Olivier Rizzo, and recently Raquel García.
Christophe Lemaire. Margaret Howell. Yohji Yamamoto. The Row (Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen).
My friends. The internet.
2. Favorite places to shop in Portland?
Powell's, Table of Contents, Una, Stand Up Comedy.
3. Describe your style!
Skin in the summer and shapeless in the winter but always functional and low maintenance.
4. What is your fall must have?
Warmth. A giant puffy coat helps with this one.
5. 5 things you can’t live without?
Chocolate, a good book, my dog, Toby, the internet, and a hot shower.
6. 3 favorite items in your closet?
Margiela tabi boots.
Boessert Schorn blanket coat.
Acne wool miniskirt.
7. How do you choose what you wear in the morning?
Often I’ll start with one thing that I want to wear that day and build an outfit around it.
8. Tell us two truths and a lie!
I can’t whistle. I can’t snap. I can’t touch my tongue to my nose.
9. What is the best thing about your job?
The people I work with.
10. Any shopping advice you have?
Don’t buy for the sake of buying. Be deliberate.